I recently read in the Chicago Tribune newspaper about a little boy named Emmett. I also saw his story on Modern Cupcake’s blog and knew I had to share his story as well.
His name is Emmett. At the age of 12 months he ingested a coin size button battery from the family’s remote control.
In his parents words, “the damage that was tragically created inside Emmett’s tiny body has been a horrific and painful nightmare. It has been a battle to save his life ever since.”
I read he has undergone 14 surgeries and nearly 200 X-rays with the Pediatric ICU being his home for 19 weeks.
I don’t know Emmett or his family, but his story has touched my heart. My children aren’t tiny anymore, but I can’t help but think about all the little ones I know and about the possible danger lurking in all of our homes that we don’t necessarily think about.
In his parents words, “we want to prevent another innocent child from grasping their little fingers around these tiny lethal monsters.” They have created a Facebook page called Emmett’s Fight to do just that.
They could use your help. If you’d like to help them get the word out across our country, please visit the Facebook page and “LIKE” it.
They also have a website for more information.
Thank you for your help, and may God bless little Emmett and his family!