Tasty is a section of Buzzfeed that publishes (in their words) “snack-sized videos and recipes you’ll want to try.”
In my experience, that description is right on point. Every time a Tasty recipe pops up in my Facebook feed, I’m tempted to drop everything and start cooking.
I had never actually tried a Tasty recipe, however, until a few weeks ago. I was so curious to see if the recipes lived up to Tasty’s promise of “food that’ll make you close your eyes, lean back, and whisper ‘yessss.'”
The recipe on trial: Fruit and Wine Sorbet.
The verdict: It was absolutely DELICIOUS.
You want to make this.
It’s sweet, refreshing and includes wine. What else do you need to know?
I guess the recipe might be helpful, huh?
Tasty Fruit and Wine Sorbet (via Tasty)
- 1 cup strawberries, cut in half with stems removed
- 1 cup pineapple, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup mango, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup simple syrup (1 cup water and 1 cup sugar, dissolved)
- Make the simple syrup by dissolving one cup of sugar into one cup of water.
- Blend strawberries, pineapple, blackberries, raspberries, mango, wine and simple syrup until well combined (you may have to do this in two batches).
- Pour mixture into a 9×9-inch glass pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Once it’s frozen, scoop and enjoy!
Mmmm. Is your mouth watering yet?
Have you tried this or another Tasty recipe? Let us know in the comments! Maybe we’ll taste test another one …