The holiday season might be over, but the rest of the year is full of opportunities to both host and attend dozens of delightful parties!
We all know that hosting a party involves significant recipe planning, decorating and prepping, but being a guest doesn’t mean you get off scot-free. The next time you ask a hostess how you can help, and she asks you to bring a dessert, this chocolate chip cookie dough dip is what you’re bringing. Trust me.
It’s creamy, it’s dreamy and it whips up in about 15 minutes. You likely already have all of the ingredients in your pantry, too. Easy peasy!
Plus, once the dip is thoroughly chilled, it tastes almost exactly like chocolate chip cookie dough. Yum!
I think this dip tastes best with pretzels (the sweet and salty combination is simply divine!), but it’s also tasty with ‘Nilla wafers, graham crackers, marshmallows or sliced bananas. You know, if you want to be healthy. 🙂
Here’s how to make it:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium-low heat until the brown sugar dissolves. Stir constantly.
- Once the brown sugar is dissolved, take the saucepan off the heat. Whisk in the vanilla extract, and then set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream cheese and powdered sugar with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Reduce the mixer speed to slow, and mix in the cooled butter and sugar mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a separate bowl and served chilled with pretzels, marshmallows, ‘Nilla wafers, graham crackers, sliced bananas or anything else you like!
Do you have a favorite dessert or dip that guests go crazy for? If so, I’d love to hear about it! Please share in the comments. 🙂